Mangaldai College has one Girls' Hostel. The hostel is situated on the eastern side of the college campus and equipped with all facilities. The selection for hostel seats is made on merit and reservation rules of the Govt. However, students coming from far off places, having no available transport and communication facilities, will be given preference in the allotment of a hostel seat. Students desirous of availing hostel accommodation will have to apply separately to the Principal along with the documents cited below:
- Mark sheet of the last examination passed.
- Caste Certificate from appropriate authority.
- Two passport sized photographs.
- Parent's / Guardian's declaration.
If admitted to the college hostel
a student must abide by the following rules:
- The boarder must pay her hostel mess dues on a monthly basis
- No boarder shall leave the hostel premises without prior permission from the hostel superintendent.
- Principal's signature on identity card shall be affixed within 15 days from the date of admission.
- No guest is allowed to be entertained without permission of the hostel superintendent.
- The visitors are allowed to meet a hostel boarder only in the visiting room within the visiting hour. Male visitors are strictly prohibited from entering inside the hostel.
- Hostel properties including building, furniture, utensils, electrical appliances etc. should be properly maintained and in case of any damage, it must be brought to the notice of the hostel superintendent.
- Use of unauthorized electrical appliances such as heaters, iron etc. is prohibited.
- Case of indiscipline and non-compliance with hostel and college rules shall be severely dealt with, leading to even expulsion from the hostel if necessary.
- Expulsion from college entails expulsion from hostel and vice-versa.
- College hostel remain closed during summer and puja vacation. However, in case of examination during vacation, arrangement of mess is made at the hostel.
Departmental Contact no