|Address||HOUSE NO-3, T.N. GOGOI BHAWAN, KANAKLATA PATH, LACHIT NAGAR, GUWAHATI-781007|
1. Paper presented titled “Food Culture of the Tai-Ahoms” at the ICSSR Sponsored National seminar on Cultural Heritage of Mongoloid People in Northeast India organized by Institute Of Tai Studies and Research, Moranhat, Assam, 1-2 December, 2003.
2. Paper presented titled “A Legend, on the origin of the Chutiyas” at National Museum Institute, (Deemed University), New Delhi, in collaboration with Kamrupa Anusandhana Samiti, Guwahati, 5th-7th December, 2003.
3. Participated and presented paper entitled “The Ahom Aristocracy in Post-1826” In the XXVIIIth Annual Conference of NEIHA held at Goalpara College, Assam, 1st-3rd November, 2007.
4. Participated and presented paper entitled “The Tai-Khamtis” on the UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Society and culture of Foothill Tribes of North East India-Changes and Continuity”, held at Amguri College, Sivsagarh on 12th and 13th December, 2008.
5. Participated in the XXIX th Annual Conference of North East India History Association (NEIHA) held at the Department of History, Dibrugarh University presented a joint paper entitled “Ahom Ethnic Religious Beliefs and Practices: the phase of Revitalization” held on November, 2008.
6. Participated in the International Seminar on Tai Wedding Textile Tradition organised by Office of the Agriculture Museum and Culture and the Department of Thai Language, Faculty of Humanities, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, on 29th August, 2008 and presented a paper on “Dressing Culture of Tai Ahom: The Westernmost Tai Group”.
7. Participated in the 3rd South and Southeast Asian Association for the Study of Cultural and Religion (SSEASR) Conference held at Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia on June 3rd -6th, 2009 on the theme “Waters in South and Southeast Asia: Interaction of Culture and Religion”, organised by SSEASR, a Regional Association of IAHR, member CIPSH under the auspices of UNESCO and presented a paper on “River in the Tai-Ahom Culture: Understanding their Heritage.”
8. Participated in the 16th World Congress of International Union of Anthropological and Ethnological Sciences, Kunming, Yunnan Province, Peoples Republic of China, 27th July to 31st July 2009 and presented a paper on “Aspects of Culture of the Tai People of North East India: Uniformity and Diversity”.
9. Attended and delivered lecture in a Boarder Trade Conference organised by Ruili District Authority and Guangxi Academy of Social Sciences in Ruili, Dehong Dai Jingpo Autonomous Prefectur
Area of Interest
Date of Joining1996-02-01