About The Department
This department was initiated in the year 2005 with a vision to impart quality IT education in this educationally backward district of Assam. The courses introduced in this department at the earlier session (2005-06) were Computer Science (General) as an elective subject in BSc and Computer Application (CSCA) in 10+2 level.
In the course of time a lot other courses are introduced as mentioned below:
1) DOEACC “O” Level (NIELIT “O” Level)
2) Women Empowerment Programme (WEP) conducted under NIELIT
3) PGDCA under GUIDOL (Gauhati University)
4) MCA under GUIDOL (Gauhati University)
5) BCA under GUIDOL (Gauhati University)
6) Computer Applications (CAP) as Vocational Subject in BA
7) BCA (Regular) as a TDC course in Computer Applications under Gauhati University
(Proposed course for the session 2017-18)
Most of the pass outs have been able to earn a livelihood and some of them are pursuing their higher studies in the same field. This department is executing in self sustained mode since its inception and has a lot of scope to be explored yet.