About The Department
The department was started in the year 2005 with a vision to impart quality IT education in this educationally backward district of Assam. The courses introduced in this department at the earlier session (2005-06) were Computer Science (General) as an elective subject in BSc and Computer Application (CSCA) in 10+2 level.
The following courses have been executed so far since the inception of this department
1) DOEACC “O” Level (NIELIT “O” Level)
2) Women Empowerment Programme (WEP) conducted under NIELIT
3) Computer Application (CSCA) in 10+2 level for both Arts and Science stream
4) Computer Science (CSC-General) as Elective Subject in BSc
5) PGDCA under GUIDOL (Gauhati University)
6) CCCA course of 3 months duration (A certificate course)
7) MCA under GUIDOL (Gauhati University)
8) BCA under GUIDOL (Gauhati University)
9) Computer Applications (CAP-General) as Vocational Subject in BA
10) BCA (Regular) as a TDC course in Computer Applications under Gauhati University
Most of the passed out students have been able to earn livelihood and some of them are pursuing their higher studies in the IT field. The department is executing in self sustained mode since its inception and has a lot of scope to be explored yet.